Built-in Battery Management!
Our batteries are designed to be a drop-in replacement of a standard 12 volt lead-acid battery, so no special or expensive charger is required. Our batteries will work with any vehicle charging system and “modern” lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to our built-in battery management system. And our batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they last years longer than a lead-acid battery.
Lithium Battery Technology
Lithium batteries are fundamentally different than lead-acid batteries. The lithium cells inside the 12V battery need electronics to monitor and balance the voltage/charge of the individual cells. Other companies sell a balancing charger, which you have to plugin periodically to "top off" and balance the cells. Inside every one of our batteries is a microprocessor Battery Management System (BMS) that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed, protecting the cells from overcharge or over-discharge. What this means for you is more starting power, longer battery life, and the safest lithium motorsport battery on the market. All types of lithium batteries (not just ours) require a “BMS” that monitors and balances the cell charge.
The key advantages of our lithium battery over lead acid batteries are:
The key advantages of our lithium batteries over competitors lithium batteries:
- Light-weight -- 70-80% less weight
- Long Service Life -- Up to 4000 charge / discharge cycles (~3-8 years), over 4 times the life of a lead-acid battery
- Longer Storage Life – due to extremely low self-discharge rate, no need for charging in the off-season
- Environmentally Friendly -- non-toxic, non-contaminating, lead free and no hazardous materials
- Wide Operating Temperature Range (-30 C–+60C) -- lithium batteries are dry cell technology and will not freeze
- Fast Charge -- can be fully charged in less than a half hour
- Maintenance Free
- No Special Mounting Direction
- Safety and Reliability -- internal cells are continually monitored by an integrated battery management system
A Battery for Every Motorsports Vehicle
- All our product are engineered in the USA
- We use American battery technology, the most advanced lithium battery technology in the world
- Our batteries are assembled in the USA with US and foreign components.
- Built-in battery management system for maximum performance and longest life -- no expensive balancing charger needed.
- Flexible battery connection -- our batteries can be used in either left or right side polarity applications. You also have the option to connect the battery leads directly to your vehicle.
- Integrity - our battery specifications are accurate. We won't tell you our battery has 500CCA when it does not. We test all our batteries to industry standards (SAE, UL, CE).
We offer a complete line of lithium batteries to fit every type of motorsport vehicle. See our FINDER page for information.
Unlike lead-acid batteries, you don’t need to trickle charge our batteries during the off season. We recommend that you do NOT trickle or float charge them. No maintenance is required.
In the event you have to charge the battery, use any “modern” lead-acid battery charger or 13.2V Lithium battery charger. By “modern” we mean a charger that was built in the last 10 years that automatically turns off when the battery is fully charged (based on volts). Also, be sure the charger’s voltage level does not exceed 15V. If the charger does not display the voltage reading, then use a voltmeter to check the voltage while charging.